RROC Discussion Forum
Terms of Service
The purpose of RROC Discussion Forum is to assist fellow club members in the repair, use and enjoyment of Rolls-Royce and Bentley motorcars. RROC is a car club, whose members reside all across the globe and who wish to freely and casually exchange car related information with fellow members in a safe, friendly environment. The members of the RROC and this forum attack issues and car problems â€“ not each other. Ever. If we err, we will immediately acknowledge our mistake, make amends, and move on. As a club, and as a participant in this forum, we pledge to support each other. Members who participate in this Discussion Forum expect and deserve a high degree of decorum and mutual respect and such consideration will be evident in all posts that appear on this Forum. Sarcasm does not work very well in this format. Our Forum is meant to be a venue in which you will never be spoken down to for the type of car you own or for how long you have been in the club or for asking a question which has already been "asked and answered".
Posts that are abusive, harassing, threatening, rude, mean, or nasty, are not permitted and will be removed. The RROC Forum is not the venue in which to vent about poor customer service from a vendor, complain about difficulties with a repair, or express frustration with the direction of a manufacturer's product line. Such matters should be taken up, directly, with the company in question. Likewise, questions about the operations of the club should be sent, directly, to the club officer responsible for that issue or to Club HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print
1. Caveat Emptor: Considering the real-time nature of this Discussion Forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. RROC is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the RROC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable period, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Please contact the RROC Webmaster at email@example.com.
2. Rights and Obligations: You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RROC and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). RROC reserves the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
3. Protecting Your Privacy: Your email address and other registration information will never be sold or given away, however RROC may from time-to-time contact you with RROC and Discussion Forum related news. RROC reserves the right to reveal your identity in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
4. Courtesy: Posts that are inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, threatening, rude, mean, nasty, invasive of a person's privacy, in violation of any law or an encouragement to break any law are not permitted.
5. Business advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, SPAM, virus warnings and solicitations are not permitted. If you are a representative of a company making a product or offering a service being discussed in the forums, please feel free to participate in the discussion, as long as your response is solely designed to respond to a question about that product or service in the RROC forums.
6. Posting of material to which you do not own the copyright is not permitted. This includes the posting of large portions of articles from this or any other online or print publication, as well as posting large portions of posts from other forums or mailing lists (unless you are the author of the post).
7. Make sure that your message topic fits the topic description of the forum.
8. Don't use all CAPS in postings.
The Forum is owned and operated by the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club. Failure to observe these rules when posting may result in temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in these forums.